Fancy something quick, easy and healthy too? You can never go wrong with an omelette; where ingredients is vast and flavours are experimental. This particular recipe is with thanks to my partner Stefan. He likes to experiment when cooking and decided to spice up our omelettes by adding some Texas BBQ seasoning. I can truly say – but hesitant to admit – that it was the most tasty omelette I have tried in a while (but shh we won’t tell him that!)
Here is how it is done…
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 6 large eggs
- A knob of butter
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper
- 4 slices of pastrami
- A handful of grated cheese
- 1 tbps of Texas BBQ seasoning (you can experiment with spices here)
- A sprinkle of salt & pepper
1. Whisk 6 large eggs in a container and add the Texas BBQ seasoning and salt & pepper.
2. Chop finely the onions, peppers and slice the pastrami into small pieces. Add the ingredients to the egg mixture and mix together.
3. Melt the butter in a pan (on medium heat) and slowly add half of the mixture to make the first omelette. As it begins to thicken, add a sprinkle of cheese and fold the omelette in half, cooking for a further 1-2 minutes (flip over for even cooking).
4. Repeat step 3 for the second omelette.
5. Get stuck in! Simples.