I am sure most of us have found ourselves in a situation where you have went to dig into your home made tikka masala and only wished you had some delicious spicy onions as your side – similar to the freebie pot you find in a standard Indian takeaway?
Well worry no longer as here I will provide you with my very own and very simple recipe to help spice up your dish.
Mmm is your mouth watering yet…
Ready in 10 minutes : Serves 4
All you need:
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspon hot paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mint sauce
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
1. Chop the onions finely
2. Add the hot paprika powder and salt – mix well
3. Add the tomato ketchup – mix well
4. And mint sauce – mix well
5. Finally add the mango chutney and mix
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let all the flavours develop and hey presto!
Serve as a side dip alongside your favourite curry dish or as a starter with poppadoms and some mango chutney. Very delicious!